Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site (IdeasForTheKids.com) is provided by Ideas For The Kids Ltd subject to the following terms:
1. By using IdeasForTheKids.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of IdeasForTheKids.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the site.
2. Ideas For The Kids Ltd may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Ideas For The Kids Ltd. Your continued use of IdeasForTheKids.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of IdeasForTheKids.com
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use IdeasForTheKids.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any IdeasForTheKids.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of IdeasForTheKids.com content requires the prior written permission of Ideas For The Kids Ltd.
4. You agree to use IdeasForTheKids.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of IdeasForTheKids.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within IdeasForTheKids.com.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. IdeasForTheKids.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Ideas For The Kids, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The information provided is just that: information. It in no way constitutes advice or recommendation. It is up to you to ensure the suitability of places or organisations listed and that information such as addresses, descriptions, facilities, costs and opening times are accurate.
6. Under no circumstances will Ideas For The Kids Ltd be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of IdeasForTheKids.com regardless of the form of action.
7. Ideas For The Kids Ltd does not warrant that functions contained in IdeasForTheKids.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that IdeasForTheKids.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The content in IdeasForThekKids.com and the names, images and logos identifying Ideas For The Kids Ltd ,or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Ideas For The Kids Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Ideas For The Kids Ltd or any other third party.
Contributions to IdeasForTheKids.com
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to IdeasForTheKids.com, you warrant that your contribution
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Ideas For The Kids Ltd for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
- indemnify Ideas For The Kids Ltd against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Ideas For The Kids Ltd as a result of your breach of the above warranty
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on IdeasForTheKids.com and the purposes specified above.
IdeasForTheKids.com Community Rules
11. You agree to use IdeasForTheKids.com Communities (including Message Boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all IdeasForTheKids.com sites and services.
About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Postings should be factual and as far as possible accurate
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant IdeasForTheKids.com Community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses). If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone numbers, home address or email addresses), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in IdeasForTheKids.com Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in IdeasForTheKids.com Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Ideas For The Kids Ltd.
If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any IdeasForTheKids.com discussion.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in an IdeasForTheKids.com Community service, you may be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail may also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of IdeasForTheKids.com Community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to IdeasForTheKids.com Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on IdeasForTheKids.com, and Ideas For The Kids Ltd considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Ideas For The Kids Ltd may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
Ideas For The Kids Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on IdeasForTheKids.com then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Ideas For The Kids Ltd, University of Warwick Science Park, Business Innovation Centre, Binley Business Park, Harry Weston Road, Coventry CV3 2TX.
Registered in England No. 616 6561. Registered Office: 1168/1170 Melton Road, Syston, Leics, LE7 2HB, UK. VAT Reg N. GB 904 3634 42
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, chats, message boards and IdeasForTheKids.com registration.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Ideas For The Kids Ltd and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information Ideas For The Kids Ltd will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
2. Visitor Information
Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors.
Ideas For The Kids Ltd may gather non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. Ideas For The Kids Ltd uses this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users. If you wish to reject these cookies, you may of course do so.
3. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, naturally, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of IdeasForTheKids.com features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse IdeasForTheKids.com anonymously until such time as you wish to register for IdeasForTheKids.com services. For further information on cookies please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
4. Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to IdeasForTheKids.com (e.g. for submitting information, or IdeasForTheKids.com registration) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use those data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular webpages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
In general, any information you provide to Ideas For The Kids Ltd will only be used within Ideas For The Kids Ltd and by its agents and service providers. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. Also, if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to IdeasForTheKids.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on IdeasForTheKids.com, Ideas For The Kids Ltd can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, e-mail or internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of IdeasForTheKids.com registration, you no longer wish to continue your registration as a IdeasForTheKids.com user. For safety reasons, however, Ideas For The Kids Ltd may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of IdeasForTheKids.com services for a period of six months. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other IdeasForTheKids.com services, that information will be held as long as is necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you are notified on a IdeasForTheKids.com site that your information may be used to allow Ideas For The Kids Ltd to contact you for "service administration purposes", this means that Ideas For The Kids Ltd may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We will not contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services on IdeasForTheKids.com unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
5. Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Ideas For The Kids Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £25 for information requests.)
Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Ideas For The Kids Ltd, University of Warwick Science Park, Business Innovation Centre, Binley Business Park, Harry Weston Road, Coventry CV3 2TX.
6. Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Ideas For The Kids Ltd's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.